To Team or Not to Team
To Team or Not toTo Team or Not to Team Sonja Suwongjun
Blog Post 4
This week is all about what is best for us. My classroom has many classmates. I am the type of person that work well with a teammate. There were many great suggestions, but I had to go with one and that is Sabrina Tran.
As I was looking through her Instagram feed, she seems like an outgoing person. Her feed was filled with her smiling. Sabrina is the type of person that like to hang out with her friends, especially on the weekend where they all go out to get boba. Sabrina shows how much of a leader she can be. Referencing back to the article, “ The effect of personality type on team performance” says that an effective leadership can have such a positive effect on your team performance. Examining the same article, it states, “ineffective leadership will sabotage team productivity” this proves the point that Sabrina does not show ineffective in the team. Her Instagram feed that contain pictures of her hanging out with her friends prove the fact that she is a consistent person and is great with working with others. Communication is another important factor in teamwork. I sit next to sabrina everyday and she is a very easy to talk to. Her ability to communicate with me is not only effective to the team but also beneficial. In the article “The effect of personality type on team performance” mentions, “Commnication may manifest itself in several ways” this is saying that by communicating you can absorb information from your teammates. Working as a team you need to be able to communicate and be able to comprehend sentences. The ability to be able to work as a team and understand your teammates is crucial to the team environment.
Reflecting on the “Lost at Sea Activity”, teamwork is important. I work well in a team because I myself make mistakes. Having a teammate can help me learn from my mistakes and I can learn from theirs. The lost at sea activity can relate to my situation because it’s all about survival and working as a team. It can be a pain to work alone so it’s basically about surviving and how much work you are willing to do in order to pass the class. The lost at sea activity shows the amount of teamwork that were put in order to survive while being lost as sea. Working and cooperating as a team will help you survive. There are some things you can’t do alone and will need a teammate to help and support you.
Comments
Post a Comment