Creativity and Genre

Creativity and Genre 

Sonja Suwongjun

Blog Post 5

As I was reading “An interview with Ron Beghetto” the article states, “Creative self-efficacy is a specific type of creative self-confidence that helps shape more global beliefs about our creative abilities and identity. The sentence implies that creativity can help us find ourselves and can shape us as a whole. Creativity help us make progress and encourage trust from others. You can think freely and share your ideas with other. Creative self- efficacy help shape our creative behaviors.

For my project I chose to Vogue and GQ. I chose general interest because it is the on eim most used to. I really like the idea of how this genre cover a broad range of topics giving you many options. General interest contain pictures, advertisements, and stories- these will bring in audience because of its variety. I like to look at pictures and advertisements so general interest caught my interest. Anne Wintour is the founder of vogue. Wintour has a youthful mindset which can attract many young readers. Her mindset fit well with today’s society. Vogue is set for the fashion world. Its idea and style is fit for audience that are well dressed.

I also chose GQ because I wanted to even it out and also so I can see men’s perspective. GQ was founded by Will Welch. GQ focus on men and their style. Its main target audience is wealthy men that are well dressed. GQ gives men tips on style with celebrities references and interviews. Using celebrities as a bait will bring more audience in.

To sum it all up, general interest is my preferably genre. I chose this as my portfolio because I like its concept and the idea it shows. General interest will really allow me to show my creativity and express my ideas by using illustations.

VOGUE MAGAZINE JULY 2019 MARGOT ROBBIE COVER: Vogue [US], Vogue [US]:  Amazon.com: Books

GQ Magazine India - Robert Downey Jr – magazine canteen



Comments