CATEGORY | DETAILS |
Film OR Magazine | Magazine |
Genre | Lifestyle (general interest) |
Target Audience (Be specific) | 40-60 y/o women |
What is your concept? (Be thorough & specific. Review the links on Blackboard) | Our magazine contain tips of how to achieve the dream lifestyle for a middle aged women. We provide articles about solving problems these women may have, tips, ads, and up to date fashion tips. We use role models such as oprah or Angelina Jolie because they are in the middle age and look like they are in their 20’s. Our main point for this concept is to make these women feel young again as in this age they may feel “too old” for anything |
How did you conceive the idea for this concept? | It was easy for me to come up with this idea. Ever since I was a child I would always see my mom taking good care of herself. She would take medications and have a routine. So I thought having a routine for self care is essential to women |
What do you believe is unique about your concept? | The concept of my magazine is unique because we don’t offer just fashion ideas but we offer tips. Many magazines tend to deal with young women but ours focus on middle aged women. Inside our magazine we give you various of tips of how to keep you young and healthy. Inside our magazine you can find samples of each products we’re promoting. Products like anti wrinkle cream, vitamin c, and serum. |
Why do you believe this product will be of interest to your audience? | This product will be of interest to my audience because women struggle with keeping a routine. By offering them samples it will persuade them to have a routine and learn how to care for themselves. Women this age are struggling with how they are being perceive, so with this magazine we give them tips on how to make them feel young again. |
FEEDBACK RECEIVED FROM PEERS | - Add more lifestyle.
- Try to focus on regular and famous people (both perspectives)
- Be careful about reputation.
- Build fanbase up and make it more uplifting.
- Provide more activities that they can enjoy.
- Subscription boxes
- Add magazines and sell them with subs boxes
|
As I was listening to my peers giving me feedbacks on my pitch, I realize that their opinions did in fact impact my vision for my concept. I took my peers feedback into consideration and cam to a conclusion that I needed to add more activities. Instead, of focusing on just one group of women, I need to keep my options open and focus on various groups because some enjoy different activities. Sabrina and I have decided to provide more activities, so we can build our fanbase and promote our magazine. We have-not decided what kind of activities yet, but we will focus on different perspectives. This will also let us explore different types of women and what they enjoy.
Reviewing the article on data, it is best that we do our magazine digitally because of the covid-19 pandemic and things have changed drastically. In the article, Magazine Publishing Trends for 2020- The Alliance of Print and Digital, states, " offer a sampling digital content with payment required for the full edition", this gives me an idea that on my magazine I should provide readers samples before letting them pay the price for the full edition. If readers like the product then we will promote the product in our magazine and start subscription boxes based on what they prefer. By advertising products in our magazine, it will lure audience in and promote the magazine.
My assigned article support the idea of my magazine because of many reasons. For example, Parneshia Jones, believe having a theme is beneficial for the magazine because it gives the audience an idea of what the editor is like. While, I was reviewing the article, my eyes really opened because I was introduced to many more ideas and concepts. Concepts that I could add into my magazine in order to have a successful magazine piece.
Overall, I these article pieces have improved my perspectives on magazines. When I start my magazine, im hoping to add these concepts and ideas into it. Feedback from my peers will really help my Magazine piece improve. Reading editors opinion on magazines give me an idea on how to think like an editor. It's like seeing through their eyes and how creative they are.
Comments
Post a Comment