Title Sequence Clips Review
Sonja Suwongjun
AICE Media Studies AS
Period 3
The Lion King had a very joyful opening to me. It started off with the usual Disney opening scene
then it transitioned to a very beautiful landscape in Africa. When I first saw it, it made me happy. I felt
very excited and entertained. I was ready to watch the film. The opening scene of the Lion King interest
the audience because of its music, the circle of life. As the circle of life started playing the audience will
see a lion entering and held up to the sky by a monkey. The lion is being baptized. When this happens this
usually implies the awakening among other things which will lead to the baby lion being king.

Jaws started off with a suspenseful music playing underwater. After this it switches to a whole scenario. Every time things are going to get aggressive the music increases. This will cause chills to some audience. When I first saw this opening scene I was getting chills because of the music. The music creates suspense for me. When I watched this it made the movie interesting and it drew me in. This will draw the audience because if it’s suspenseful music. A girl was pulled out of the water and the scene went on as if nothing happened. This leaves the audience wondering and will cause them to want to watch to see how the ending will go.
I got chills when I first saw the opening scene of apocalypse. I feel like the black screen with music in the background create suspense. It started off with a lot of trees and then the camera started focusing on the fan. The fan started spinning and it turned into a helicopter. The song “this is the end” started playing to tell the audience that it is the end. Along side with fire burning down trees.
When I first saw Pulp Fiction I thought the woman could’ve been lesbian or bisexual because of the way she was staring at the waitress. The guy started talking to the female about the plan. They both seem mentally ill. The guy gave the girl a signal and they both got on the table and pointed out a gun. Music and the movie tilted queued in in the middle of the robbery. This will interest the audience because of its creative idea to put the music and title in the middle of mid sentence. It leaves the audience wanting to know more. This will become a plot later on in the movie as it started off with a robbery.

My first impression of “What About Bob?” was silly. When I first saw it it seemed like a kid movie which is fine but I saw a goldfish. The tile and credits overlap as the goldfish is swimming around. The camera would always show the goldfish so that gives me an idea that the goldfish will play an important roll in the movie. As he was walking in his very narrow hall to go outside he was very careful. He seems like a germophoe. He used a napkin to open the door. When he walked outside the music stopped and it became our noise of New York. He seems to have a type of mental illness by the way he was acting. The opening interest the audience because of an understanding on mental illnesses.
Comments
Post a Comment